Thursday, October 10, 2013

A matter of perspective

A friend of mine has a husband who was recently laid off. Not surprising given these tough times, but it caught him by surprise. He's near retirement age, but he was still panicking.

Do we have enough money for retirement?

That's a question that I think haunts a lot of people. How much is enough? When do you know that you have enough?

She's managed to calm his worries with a couple of trips to their financial planner, but it's a worry that's on everyone's mind: do I have enough?

Do I have enough money for retirement? Enough readers to sustain my career? Enough healthy days left in me? One person's 'enough' is another person's 'wealth' -- and that's important to keep in mind. Whenever I start to panic about *anything* I try to see it from another perspective.

And you know what? I almost always have enough....

J L
30 books and counting

1 comment:

Ana Morgan said...

Great perspective, JL. I have an affirmation that always works when I get scared:
"All that is mine by divine right comes to me in great avalanches of abundance, under grace, in mysterious ways." Repeat silently or aloud as often as you remember. Especially in the wee hours of the night.
The universal law of energy says what you project (think, say, do), you draw to you. Think loss, you experience loss. Think positive, positive comes to you. It works.

I haven't mastered the creation of all-around trust in an abundant universe, but I'm working on it.