Tuesday, April 14, 2015

TAKING CHARGE OF MY BUCKET LIST by Rolynn Anderson

As you read this posting, I’m golfing at La Quinta with two friends, an event I bull-dozed into happening.  Enough of saying ‘let’s take a golf trip together.’  If this is something a bunch of friends want to do, then someone has to organize the ding-dang thing. 

Time’s a wasting and I'm not getting any younger.  I'm taking control of my bucket list!

Most of you know I’m a golfer, leaving my writing desk to play a couple times a week...for exercise, for the competition and for the camaraderie.  My husband doesn’t play golf, so I’m going on these trips with my girlfriends.  Ready?  Set?  Go!

What golf courses are in my bucket?  Easy!  I pulled up a list of the 30 best golf courses in California:
1. Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach
2. Spyglass Hill, Pebble Beach
3. Pasatiempo, Santa Cruz
4. Torrey Pines (South), La Jolla
5. Trump National LA, Rancho Palos Verdes
6. Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach
7. CordeValle, San Martin
8. PGA West (TPC Stadium), La Quinta
9. Pelican Hill (Ocean South), Newport Coast
11. Rustic Canyon, Moorpark
12. Pelican Hill (Ocean North), Newport Coast
13. Poppy Hills, Pebble Beach
14. Indian Wells (Players), Indian Wells
16. Marriott Shadow Ridge, Palm Desert
17. Aviara, Carlsbad
18. The Grand, San Diego
19. Barona Creek, Lakeside
20. TPC Harding Park, San Francisco
21. Desert Willow (Firecliff), Palm Desert
22. La Costa (Champions), Carlsbad
24. Old Greenwood, Truckee
25. Maderas, Poway
26. Half Moon Bay (Ocean), Half Moon Bay
27. Indian Wells (Celebrity), Indian Wells
28. Journey at Pechanga, Temecula
29. Saddle Creek, Copperopolis
30. Coyote Moon, Truckee

Three of us are driving to Palm Springs, staying there three nights to play golf courses #10, #21 and #11.

No question about it, we will have fun and we will be challenged…and we’ll be ready to play more of the courses on our bucket list next year.  Goal?  Three courses a year for the next 9 years.  Can we do it?  You bet we can!


Talk about meeting goals: I’ll be trotting out two novels this summer.  Here’s a sneak peak at one cover; expect pages in June or July.  Meanwhile,  grab LIE CATCHERS if you haven’t yet read it!
ROLYNN’S Web: http://www.rolynnanderson.com  


FEAR LAND is coming soon.  Watch for it in June!  Happy summer adventures.  Rolynn

No comments: