I'm wondering what you prepare when a crowd of loved ones comes to visit? Here are some of the foods I'm preparing before they all arrive:
1. Banana Bread
2. Yule Kake (A Norwegian sweet bread)
3. Peanut Butter Cookies
5. Tapenade (variety of chopped up olives and garlic in olive oil)
6. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
There's something about a trove of homemade stuff that says 'I'm glad you came.' What are your favorites to have on hand?
Here's my standard (Quaker Oats) recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Simple, but yummy!
- 1/2 Cup(s) (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1-1/2 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 3 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 Cup(s) raisins
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
HAPPY SUMMER FAMILY REUNIONS! Rolynn