Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Joanne shares Dave Barry: "Should a Woman be Mysterious?"

Hi Everyone, It's the 8th of the month, and time for me to share another hilarious Dave Barry excerpt. This one is about women and mystery. Hope you enjoy a chuckle and please leave a comment: "After my wife's knee operation, the surgeon had good news and bad news. The god news was that the operation went fine. The bad news was that he had taken color Polaroid photographs of the inside of her knee. Suddenly, with no advance warning, he was thrusting these at me, right there in the waiting room. "And THIS," he was saying quite enthusiastically, like a man showing pictures of his trip to Yellowstone, "is her ligament stump." I don't know about you, but I think there should be a certain amount of mystery about a woman." Me again: Does this sound like your husband/significant other? How is his bedside manner?

14 comments:

Autumn Jordon said...

LOL. I could hear my DH saying the same thing.

Dawn Marie Hamilron said...

I think my DH would turn green.

Joan Alley said...

LOL! I don't know though...I can see my DH studying them in fascination. Of course, with some of the guy movies now a days, he's pretty well numb to gore.

Barbara Monajem said...

Whimper. I commented -- I swear -- but it zapped into cyberspace.

*I* would want to see the pics of my own ligament stump! I mean, how cool is that? (My DH wouldn't, though.)

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing. Gotta love Dave Barry.

Josie said...

Autumn,
I could hear my dh saying this, too.

Josie said...

Dawn,
My husband would probably dash from the room.

Josie said...

Joan,
There are so many show on TV with gore and violence, etc. I think we're all becoming immune to it.

Josie said...

Barbara,
That's happened to me so many times--my comments disappeared into cyberspace.

Josie said...

Kim,
You're very welcome. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Mary Marvella said...

I would have skipped the boo-boo shots, but the ex would have taken pictures.

Rolynn Anderson said...

Thanks for the laugh, Josie. We marry these guys for their analytical ways, but, bless their hearts, sometimes their approach doesn't fit the moment. Down deep, our guys are a'quiver with fear that we're hurting, but their go-to cover is to be scientific. Love them!

Josie said...

MM,
That's funny about your ex. Guess everyone's different.

Josie said...

Rolynn,
You're right--gotta love our guys. Beneath their gruff exterior, they're just as queasy as women.