Friday, May 25, 2012

This is when Writing is Fun

What a coincidence of fun: my newest book, Twistered, is out today -- and it's Memorial Day weekend, which is when the book takes place.

I love it when that happens!

This is my Oz book, in which I take the books of L. Frank Baum and I use some of his characters to create my own real-life Oz, in Broomfield, Kansas. There's Jack Tinsley (the Tin Man), Drew Strawn (the Scarecrow), the Wanda W. Wickman (Mina: the Wicked Witch), and of course there's Dorothy, the heroine. I also tossed in the Wickeds motorcycle gang, So-So the cat, Glynnis, the Professor, Leo (Dorothy's best friend) and of course, a Yellow Brick Road!

I hope people have as much fun reading this as I had writing it -- it's fun vacation reading!

2 comments:

Josie said...

This book sounds so clever! I believe you have a real winner here.

morgan said...

Hi J. L.,
I am the slowest person to read blogs, but I do want to read Twistered. If you want I Can even review it. Check out my reviews on novelspot.org. Under the name of Morgan.