Friday, June 7, 2013

Shenandoah Waterfalls and Recharging the Muse

Rose River Falls

Sometimes a writer needs to recharge her muse. So last Thursday, we loaded the car with camping gear and drove up to Shenandoah National Park for a long weekend getaway. One of our favorite places to unwind.

We did a bit of walking. The first day out, we hiked the Rose River Loop trail. For most of the trail, we enjoyed the pleasant sound of running water along the river, cascades, and falls.




Upper Section of the South River Falls
While camping at Lewis Mountain we heard an interesting presentation from Ranger Mike on the origins of the campground and met several thru-hikers making the trek along the AT from Georgia to Maine. Wish I had that kind of stamina.

On the second day of hiking we traveled along the South River Falls trail, stopping at the oberservation point to take this photo of the upper section of the 83' waterfalls, returning to our car via the South River fire road. We were exhausted when we reached the parking lot, but it was a good kind of tired.

How do you reenergize?


Now that we're home, I'm back on virtual tour with Just Beyond the Garden Gate. Here is where I'll be for the rest of the month.

06/11/13 Romance Junkies - Guest Post
06/12/13 Nancy Lee Badger’s Blog - Guest Post
06/13/13 Books ‘a la Mode - Interview
06/14/13 Star Crossed Romance - Guest Post
06/18/13 Anne Lange's Blog - Guest Post and Recipe
06/19/13 House Millar - Interview
06/21/13 Sweet ‘n Sexy Divas – Soulful quotes by Renee Vincent
06/23/13 Dawn Marie Hamilton Writes - Full Moon Book Giveaway
06/24/13 Fresh Fiction - Guest Post
06/27/13 Melissa Limoges's Blog - Guest Post

I'll also be visiting the Firebirds blog on June 26th as a 2013 Golden Heart® Finalist.

~Dawn Marie

6 comments:

Ana Morgan said...

I work physically hard in my job, so my recharge comes from being lazy. Yesterday we stopped at 3, and I got home at 4. It was heavenly to sit, sip a kombucha/// and critique subs in the crit loop.

morgan said...

Nature and the color green does so much to refresh your brain.When I can decide where to go with a book I brainstorm with my husband, who has added several twist plots. LOL

Dawn Marie Hamilron said...

Hi, Ana! Sitting and relaxing is great. I just have to ask--what is a kombucha?

Dawn Marie Hamilron said...

Hi, Morgan. Green is my favorite color. So why am I painting my office pink? Your DH sounds like a keeper. :)

Ana Morgan said...

Kombucha is a beverage. Fizzy, high in probiotics. Made from tea and a living mushroom. The FDA forbids it, but it is part of holistic treatment for cancer in that it restores health to intestines. GT's tastes the best--see organic refrigerated section of health food or grocery store. I'm hooked.

Dawn Marie Hamilron said...

Sounds interesting, Ana. I'll have to check it out. :)