Saturday, November 23, 2013

Counting My Blessings and Saying Thank You

By Paisley Kirkpatrick
Since this is the time of the year when we say thanks for the blessings we have in our lives, I'd like to say thank you to all of the dear friends I have made while I have been part of the From the Heart family. I have been a member of this great online group for more years than I can remember and membership chair for most of my years here. It has given me the opportunity to meet and work with so many authors, some of whom have become dear friends and 'adopted' family members. I know that my writing career has advanced in leaps and bounds with the knowledge and skills and mostly the patience of those who have never given up on me. For this, I am truly grateful and thankful. Sometimes it's the little things that unexpectedly propel us into success or turn on that light in your brain that says, ''Yes, that is how it should be done and then fly toward writing that first great book."
Two years this Christmas Eve I was offered my first contract. I know that all the support I have received from my friends here before, during, and since my first three books have been published has made the experience all that much more meaningful. So, I simply say to all those of you who have been around to make the writing experience a successful time for me, I say thank you.

2 comments:

Ana Morgan said...

Thank you, Paisley, for serving FTHRW with your unlimited selflessness and grace. Your heart sets the bar for how a chapter should be run.

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

WOW thank you, Ana. I've really enjoyed it over the years and love welcoming new members to this great chapter. :)