Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thanks for many things

November is a "thanks" month for me. I try to notice people who do something that makes my day go smoother. I try not to be oblivious to those little acts of kindness that so often go unnoticed. The person who lets me merge gracefully on the freeway; the guy who helps me with my bag; the friend who noticed my new hair style or whatever.

It's too easy to forget that we're not the center of the universe. Other people revolve with us, and they can have a real effect on us. I like to use this month to remind myself of that.

And, of course, thank you especially to my readers, those who buy my books. I would still write whether you bought them or not, but it's so nice to get that occasional "squee" email from someone. Thank you to those who write reviews (good or bad -- thanks!) because reviews are validation that someone is out there reading the book. Thank you to my editor and my cover artist and my writing friends -- that support group who keeps me going.

And thanks to you blog readers, who remind us we're not in some lonely writing cave, churning out our words. It's nice to know there's a world out there!

J L
(30 books and counting)

1 comment:

Ana Morgan said...

I love your books, J L. I think you have a fantastic voice.
I try to comment frequently because I agree. It's nice to know people are listening.