Sunday, December 1, 2013

Now What? After Thanksgiving It's Time to...

Rest up! Are you kidding? Now it's time for decorating and party going and buying gifts and...

Wait! Is all that really necessary?

Sometimes we want to do everything to get in the holiday spirit, and some of it can be great fun. But sometimes, it's way too much and cutting back a little will make the time so much more memorable.




I was excited to write my first ever Christmas book, and now I'm just finishing up my 2nd: A Highland Wolf Christmas. But I've had deadline after deadline after deadline. Need to get edits back on another book, and have this one to turn in by Dec 15. Add the chaos of Christmas on top of that???

I keep telling myself now that I'm not writing full time AND writing full time, I will have more time to do things like---Christmas shop. Not happening. But that's okay because I LOVE to create stories, so it's like Christmas every day just being able to do that.

But even so, I do end up ordering a lot of stuff online, no hassle with shopping in the stores, though it isn't the same as seeing all the Christmas decorations in person, or smelling the cinnamon spices for Christmas, or hearing the Christmas jingles, or... well, okay, so sometimes I just like to drop into a store to immerse myself in the feel of Christmas. Like this! This was a store in Salado and it's so much fun to me to just see this in person and enjoy.

 

In Bjornolf and Anna's story, they're not into Christmas--and they are involved in much grander things--saving a family in a kidnapping situation in the Amazon jungle, and then serving as a "couple" enjoying the Christmas holidays while investigating a Christmas tree farm double homicide. But during that time, they learn about themselves, about their partners, and the importance of giving and sharing and finding love. It's a little different story though--as they are werewolves.

So for this special time of year, make sure to take a break and really enjoy the time, sharing the love and not doing so much that the holidays become a trial and you can't wait for them to be over with so you can rest. :) 

 
A SEAL Wolf Christmas

Can an Alpha Wolf Who’s Met His Match…
Navy SEAL Bjornolf Jorgenson has had tough missions before, but going undercover with feisty gray wolf Anna Johnson could top the list. She drives him crazy—in more ways than one. Now he has to investigate a murder, supervise a wild teenage wolf—and handle Christmas with Anna.

Survive the Holidays with Her?
 For Anna, the only thing worse than staging the perfect family Christmas is having to do it with Bjornolf posing as her husband. Anna is a serious undercover operative who isn’t afraid of a fight, even with a hunky SEAL shifter. With a killer on the loose, Anna just wants to focus on their mission, but the one thing she can’t fight is her sizzling chemistry with Bjornolf.

Buy links:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Indie Bound
Powell’s Books
Books-A-Million 

So now, are you ready for Christmas??? I just got home from Nebraska way late at night, so I'll have to start decorating tomorrow! :)

Terry
“Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy IS reality.”
www.terryspear.com

1 comment:

Ana Morgan said...

We do a tree if my youngest daughter is home, and I like it so much. Otherwise, since my daughter-in-law is so allergic to cats, and lives a mile down the road, all the decorating happens there.