Monday, November 10, 2014

NaNoWriMo and me

I'm not participating in NaNo because I kinda live NaNo all the time. I write every day and I have goals I set, not for a month or a day, but for a book.

Example: I started Book 4 of my Endless American Dream Series on July 1. I have 7 chapters to go to finish. I've written 20 chapters. My goal is to finish it by the end of the year, and I think it's doable. I'm high on my word count. This book will clock in at 150,000 words, so obviously I'll have to trim it, but I'm not going to worry about that now.

That's what NaNo can teach people--get the words on the page. Edit later, or edit minimally now and just keep writing. You'll find that once you get in the habit, it's easy to do. Just make sure to sit down and write -- every day if you can.

Now back to my regularly scheduled writing ....

No comments: