Wednesday, June 2, 2010

4 Stars from Romantic Times!

I just got my July issue of RT Book Reviews today and found a great review for Binding Ties, a print anthology coming from Samhain in July which includes my novella, Bound by Design. 4 Stars!



The review said "Fans of BDSM will revel in these super-hot, titillating tales. Expect a lot of action tempered by love as each couple finds their HEA in these fast-paced, character-driven stories."

I know I'm not supposed to care about reviews. A review is only one person's opinion. If we can ignore the bad ones, then we can't put all that much importance on the good ones. But I can't help it. A good review means that someone got it. Someone read my story and enjoyed it enough to share their positive thoughts with others. On the days when the writing isn't going well and I think that every word I'm typing onto the screen is pure crap, a good review can remind me that once in a while I did something right.

So what about you? Do you read reviews? If you're a writer, do you pay attention to reviews? As a reader, do you put a lot of stock in reviews when you make your decisions on what books to read?

And I'm delighted to announce I just sold another story, an erotic short titled See Me, to Samhain.

Natasha
www.natashamoore.com

11 comments:

Helen Scott Taylor said...

Congratulations on the good review, Natasha. The secret is to enjoy the good reviews and ignore the bad ones!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks, Helen! I'm trying :-)

Joan Leacott said...

Lovely review! Isn't there some saying about 'no review is a bad review'? At least they're paying attention to you. Great news about the sale. Keep on trucking.

Cai said...

I tend to agree with Joan...even if it IS hard to ignore those bad ones! Sometimes I just want to respond to a bad review and try to defend whatever it was that the reviewer didn't like, but I know that's a pointless exercise...you can't change someone's mind or opinion, you can only control your own reactions to that.

We thank every reviewer we know about - even if they didn't like our story, at least they took the time to read it...

Cai said...

PS - I've read Bound By Design, and it IS a great story! :) and Congratulations on the new sale as well! :)

Unknown said...

Keep the good news comin'! Congratulations on a well deserved good review, and the new contract.

Thanks for making us a part of your excitement!

Jill James said...

Natasha, congrats on all your good news. As a reader I don't care about reviews. As a writer, Yikes, now I might have to give that some thought. Something else to dream about, awesome reviews. :)

Mona Risk said...

Natasha, congratulations on the new sale and the great review. I love receiving good reviews. I think they boost the sales although I personally don't look at reviews when I buy a book. I just read the blurb and a few pages. Everyone's taste in books is not the same.

Natasha Moore said...

LOL, Joan. As long as they spell my name right, right???

Thanks, Cai! So glad you liked Bound by Design!

Hi Carolyn! It's best to share writing news with other writers. They understand.

Natasha Moore said...

LOL Jill. Don't worry about reviews yet... Don't worry about them later either. :)

Thanks, Mona. I don't usually pay attention to reviews except as a way to know what a story is about. Then I decide if it sounds like a story I'd like to read.

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Congratulations on all of the good news. You should be dancing!

I'm not published so haven't had any reviews...had plenty of judges' comments and suppose they are an unpubbed's reviews. I know that I have a tough hide now that I have had plenty of bad, BUT those judges who've loved my words stick out bright and sweet. I wish I had them more often, but am thankful for the great insight of some... :)