Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A nostalgic feeling

Conference season is almost upon us. This time of year always reminds me of when I was first starting out in publishing, and I'd go to conferences HOPING to snag that perfect interview with an agent or editor that would change my life forever.

Heh.

Don't get me wrong: I love remembering those old days. I had so much fun at conferences, and had so much fun being an aspiring author. My first books released in 2007 and after 25 books out, I still enjoy the rush of having a new release. This is the first year I don't have any books out (looking for a publisher for an 8-book series), and I'm enjoying the feeling of free time, promo time, and writing time.

So to all of you who are embarking on the conference go-round -- have fun. It really can be a blast and it can be so energizing and fun. And who knows? I may surprise you and show up at one now and again -- maybe not this year, but next year, I think RT may get a visit from me. And maybe one other ... only time will tell!

J L Wilson
(Writer at Play)

No comments: