Saturday, January 25, 2014

A first for me: tracking my writing

I've never been one to note how many words I write, how many pages, etc., but this year I thought I'd try something different.

Last year I used a calendar to just note when I wrote. I just crossed off a day on the calendar if I wrote that day. If I mucked around and didn't do much, I put one line through the day. On a good day, it was a big X on that day.

This year I'm doing the same thing, but jotting notes, too. For example, Research, or Set up, or Too Busy. Then I'm noting when I start a milestone in the book (Chapter 4 started). I'm going to do this for my next few books so I can see if there's a pattern there. Do I always stall out at Chapter 6? Do I get a good jump then sag in the middle?

Stay tuned. It's another year and yet another writing experiment!

J L
(30 books and counting)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds like a good plan. I'm trying to set aside days for specific things. Sticking to it will the my battle :-)