Friday, January 10, 2014

And the Word of the Year is ....

Every year I choose one word to sum up what I want to accomplish in the year ahead. Last year it was Flexible. I tried to be flexible with people, my life, my deadlines ... and mostly it worked.

I struggled this year to find a word, but I finally came up with "Accepting." It's not quite what I wanted, but it's close. I want to accept the fact that some things are out of my control. I should ignore them if I can, and if I can't, just note it and move on. I want to accept the fact that I really have nothing to do with my success -- I can only write a good book, throw it out there, talk about it some, and hope.

Accepting...let's see if it works as well as Flexible did. I'll report back in 350 days or so.

30 books and counting

1 comment:

Ana Morgan said...

One word goal. I like that.