Friday, January 10, 2014

And the Word of the Year is ....

Every year I choose one word to sum up what I want to accomplish in the year ahead. Last year it was Flexible. I tried to be flexible with people, my life, my deadlines ... and mostly it worked.

I struggled this year to find a word, but I finally came up with "Accepting." It's not quite what I wanted, but it's close. I want to accept the fact that some things are out of my control. I should ignore them if I can, and if I can't, just note it and move on. I want to accept the fact that I really have nothing to do with my success -- I can only write a good book, throw it out there, talk about it some, and hope.

Accepting...let's see if it works as well as Flexible did. I'll report back in 350 days or so.

J L
30 books and counting

1 comment:

Ana Morgan said...

One word goal. I like that.