Friday, February 18, 2011

Office Humor

Are you working in company or a day job?
Here is a collection of office humor to ease the pressures and speed up the nine- to-five clock.
1. To err is human. To forgive is not company policy.

2. Say no , then negotiate
3- If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again… Then give up. There’s no use being a damn fool about it.~ W.C. Fields
4. If you don’t agree with me, it means you haven’t been listening. ! Sam Markewitch
5. If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
6. An honest executive is one who shares the credit with the man who did all the work.
7. Before you have an argument with your boss, take a good look at both sides—his side and the outside.
8. Nothing is more embarrassing than watching your boss do something you assure him couldn’t be done.
9. The mark of a true educated man is that he is often wrong but seldom in doubt.
10. There is no job so simple that it cannot be done wrong
11. If it’s difficult we do it immediately, if it’s impossible it takes longer.
12. Bless are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.~ Herbert Hoover
13. It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you place the blame.

14. AND NOW ONE FOR THE WRITERS:
Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever.

If you like to travel and love to read, come and enjoy my international romances. I will take you around the world through stories that simmer with emotion and sizzle with heat.

BABIES IN THE BARGAIN winner of 2009 Best Romance Novel at Preditors & Editors and winner of 2009 Best Contemporary Romance at Readers Favorite.
Rx FOR TRUST, winner of 2010 Best Contemporary Romance at Readers Favorite and 2011 EPICON.
http://www.monarisk.com/

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Very, good. Mona. I taught in a private military boarding school, and we could have used every one of these quotes!
One of our favorites concerned one of the top guys: "He's so far behind, he thinks he's ahead."
I loved my job, but thank goodness I don't have to do it anymore.
Celia

Maggie Toussaint said...

Hi Mona,

I especially loved the sentiment that if something is impossible it takes a little longer. Seemed like my old office did impossible all the time, LOL.

Enjoyed the post.

Judith Keim said...

Fun to have a nice laugh on a Friday morning...Thanks, Mona!

Keena Kincaid said...

Ah, I've lived those quotes. Not missing the day job today. LOL!

Mona Risk said...

Celia, I loved my old job too and was well appreciated but like Keena I don't miss it now. Writing is my new full time job and my passion.

Mona Risk said...

Maggie, I related to these quotes. especially this one: Say no, then negotiate.

Mona Risk said...

Judy, glad it made you start the day with a laugh.

Mona Risk said...

Keena, enjoy the writing. If only we could be making a living out of it.

Josie said...

Hysterical, Mona. I love #6!

Mona Risk said...

Hi Joanne, isn't that true!!!
<>

Mary Ricksen said...

Great stuff Mona. I love the one about the boss doing something you said couldn't be done!
I wish I could travel and see the wonderful things you've seen!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laughter, Mona. My favorite is # 6, but good luck with that one.

Have a super weekend!

Mona Risk said...

Mary, glad you enjoyed the quotes.

Mona Risk said...

Carolyn, we miss you. Except on Facebook you are not often around.

Maeve Greyson said...

LOL!! Great post, Mona! Thank you for the day brightener. I work in a sea of cubicles, so I could definitely relate. :-)

Mona Risk said...

Hi Maeve, so it's still true. I left the day job, almost ten years ago and was wondering if things have changed.

Mary Marvella said...

Loved all of them!

Sheila Tenold said...

Fun post, Mona. I recognize far too many people in those quotes. I, too, am glad i'm now my own boss.