Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring has sprung

At least here in Northern California. The trees all have blossoms and the plants are starting to bloom. My Bird of Paradise plant has the most awesome bird-like, orange flower on it. The cherry trees are all covered in pink and white blossoms.

I find that my writing blooms when springtime comes. I look out my office window and see the cherry tree, all fuzzy with white and pink. The sky is a clear blue with puffy little white clouds and I don't need my desk lamp to start the day.

I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and my writing suffers too. I am all blah when it is gray, windy, and dark outside. I don't want to write a thing. I am a spring and summer child and love when it warms up and the seasons change.

Do you have different levels of writing progress due to the season at hand?

Jill James

4 comments:

Lee Lopez said...

I find that I really don't, other then hey fever...I find I'm really prolific in my writing this time of year. I have the windows open and can hear the bird, smell the fresh air. Spring is here.

Jill James said...

Sorry about the hay fever. That is just so annoying. Sneezing, watery eyes, feeling stuffed up.

Josie said...

Jill,
The weather is very spring-like here in SC, also. Spring flowers and trees are budding. It's a beautiful time of year.

Jill James said...

Josie, I bet SC is gorgeous this time of year. Enjoy the weather!