Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I've lost my Valentine's Day mojo!

Valentine's Day is just a few days away, and initially I thought I'd write a post on Valentine's Day.  Movies.  Books. Music.  Something.

But, maybe it's just the single girl in my :-)  I don't really have my Valentine's Day mojo.  So, there it is.  That's my blog.

How do I get my Valentine's Day mojo back?!

I went with two of my girlfriends to listen to live music at a great little venue here in Memphis, TN.  Some nights they have swing dancing, other nights salsa dancing, but the other day, it was a live concert.  The singer, Karen Brown had a beautiful voice.  The name of the show was "A Love Jones."  (Maybe the title of the show should've given me a hint, right?)

So, you would think friends, drinks, music...great, right.  Nope.  Being in a club surrounded by couples singing along to every song at the top of their voices did nothing but make my singleness all that more apparent.

Now, I should say one of my girlfriends is married, and the other is as single as me.  So, we were having a "girls" night.  But, we didn't expect the concert to be filled with mostly couples.

Unless you're the succubus from "The Lost Girl," I don't think being in a room filled with that much "love jones" does anything for you :-)

How do I get my mojo back?  Help!


1 comment:

morgan said...

I appluad you for going out, but truly when you're single it seems like everyone is a couple. Read yesterday that men who enjoy being marry benefit from being married, the woman gets no benefits. What? Are you kidding me? None. Sigh.

Now, didn't that cheer you up.:)