Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Will the Phone Ring?

This year is my fourth time to enter the prestigious Golden Heart contest. Each year the emotions have built, but no phone call has come with the best kind of news. I'd love to hear someone tell me that I have earned a final in the Romance Writers of America contest for unpublished writers. Will it happen on Friday?

It's a hard one to call. (pardon the pun) I'd like to say yes and relax, but I can't do that. I know that I've polished my story. I like the way it reads and hope that others will enjoy it as well. The question I always ask myself is, is it good enough or do I need to run through it one more time. Do we ever get to the point where we can say, "Yes, it is ready for the public to read?"

I have such a grand, supportive group of friends who have encouraged me to enter the contest because they have confidence in me. Their support means the world to me and I hope that this time I can say "YES" the call came.

I have my fingers crossed for all of us who've stepped up to the plate and put our work out there to be judged. It's both scary and fun at the same time.

14 comments:

Mona Risk said...

Paisley, my fingers are very crossed for you. Your story is great and deserves to be a Golden Heart finalist.

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Thank you for your support, Mona. You're the best!

Helen Scott Taylor said...

Paisley, fingers crossed for you. Hope this will be your year!

Dawn Marie Hamilron said...

Good luck, Paisley. This year is my third attempt. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us. :)

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Thanks, Helen. It is both exciting and nervewracking at the same time. I appreciate your support. :)

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Thanks, Dawn Marie. Good luck to you, also.

Jill James said...

Paisley, fingers crossed this is your year. I entered twice and that was enough stress for me.

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Thanks for commenting Jill.

Stress? What's that? :)

Agreed - waiting for the phone call is stress, but waiting in your seat at the awards show has got to be even a higher level of stress. It would be a wonderful experience, though. I'd love to come back here and share about it. ;)

Clarissa Southwick said...

Good luck tomorrow, Paisley. To you and all my other FTHRW sisters :)

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Thank you, Clarissa. I'll take all the luck I can get.

We have a major snow storm with powerful winds attacking these mountains we live in today and tomorrow. Hoping the power stays on tomorrow!!

Josie said...

Paisley,
The GH is a dream for most writers, including myself. Hope this was your year.

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Thanks you, Joanne. Unfortunately I didn't get that phone call yesterday, but lots of dear friends did so who can complain. Maybe next year.

Michelle Muse said...

I just have to say that I'm impressed you were ready to send in a copy period. Focus on the positive. What a big thing you've done!! Growing pains, like Nicole mentioned today. You continue pushing yourself in the right direction!! You did good. :)

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

WOW thank you, Michelle. I appreciate your kind words. Giving up is something I couldn't do. I love writing too much to say nothing about all the fantastic and dear friends I've met along the way. Yes, maybe next year. :)