Thursday, September 12, 2013

Do you love Diana Ross? #music

I do!

When you think about the things from your childhood that made you smile, what do you think of?

For me, candy, cartoons, rainy days, and music.  Motown music.  (And of course I'm from the south, so there's also a little bit of country.)  But, my dad was a huge Motown fan, and the music always played throughout the house.

Diana Ross was one of my favorites.  My cousin and I never missed one of her live concerts broadcast on HBO.  We couldn't wait to see what she'd wear, sing, or just say between songs.

When I think about a lot of the singers (and music) playing on the radio today, it's a little sad that there aren't many artists that I think will evoke the same emotion for children growing up today that Lady D does for me.

(I hope one day people will read my books, and they'll be transported to another time and place like Lady D's music does for me.)

If you've never seen Lady D in concert, I recommend it!  Not only did she have a blast, but so did the audience.  I think we sang every word to every song :-)




If you'd like to see more video of Lady D in concert in Memphis, TN, visit my YouTube Channel!

2 comments:

Ana Morgan said...

I remember well singing backup to, 'Baby, Baby, Where Did Our Love Go?' way back when.

Angela said...

Fun music and memories