Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Just flat out blatant #promo!

Have you ever gone back to read some of your early writing?  When you read it, what did you think of it?  For me, I thought some of my writing was filled with lots of cliched tactics that I'd read in the books of authors I loved at that time.

There are so many rules, many that I do and don't agree with, that tell us we write this or that.  And I think when I started writing, I tried to make my writing fit the rules for this or that.  But, with the world of writing and publishing expanding, I haven't felt the same need to force my stories to "fit" any set of rules.  I write, and when I'm finished, I take a look at it to try to determine which publisher I should query.

My latest release, Rumer, definitely falls into this category.  Rumer is a married mother of two whose life is turned upside down one day when she's tracked down in a grocery store by a woman she's never met before.

The book deals with some tough subjects, like divorce and gay/transgender bullying.  I've had some reviews that have been great, were I felt the readers grasped the heavy emotion of the book, and understood the book for what I think it is, a mixture of Women's Fiction and Romance.  The story focuses on the emotional journey of a woman who is faced with the very real choice of divorcing the father of her children, and what that means.  And to complicate matters more, what does she do if she wants to maintain a relationship with her children's father, but he's introduced her to a world that she's never been a part of.

What would you do if you fell in love with your best friend, married him, had his children, and then he fell out of love with you?  Would you try anything to keep him, or would you simply walk away?  I don't know what I would do, but this book is one idea that I came up with.

I am proud of the emotional depth of this book, and excited about what I feel it means for me as an author.

Here's more on Rumer...

Rumer Wilson married the love of her life ten years ago, has two beautiful children, and what she believes is a wonderful life to prove it. But, does anybody ever control love? Her world spirals into an unfamiliar place of uncertainty for everything she holds dear, when her husband falls in love with a woman hiding secrets. 

Sebastian Ortiz has loved many women. Rumer is a means to an end. He doesn’t want to hurt her, but he needs her – for revenge on the man who hurt his sister – the sister he’s protected from harm his whole life. 

Neither Rumer or Sebastian could imagine what comes next...

Read a sample here.

No comments: