Sunday, December 16, 2012

And the winner is... ME!


Today’s post is just before the biggest holiday on my calendar, which is Christmas and the week until New Years Day. This is a time I’ll spend with my family, and eat, drink, and be merry to my heart’s content. At least that’s the plan and most of the time we manage to enjoy ourselves. 

While I'm celebrating I’ll also try to finish up the book I worked on during NaNoWriMo, for which I wrote my required 50K words during the month of November, in spite of dancing Nutcracker for the nineteenth time and having family around for Thanksgiving.

The Girl In The Box coverSo I did finish NaNoWriMo, hence my winning status. I also managed to get my short story, The Girl In The Box price-matched at Amazon as free... which is generating a lot of interest as people download it and then go off and purchase one or more of my other titles. So that makes me a winner as well.

My next goal is to get the NaNoWriMo project finished: Girl Unboxed. It is sort of a sequel to The Girl In The Box, meaning that it continues the story into the time just after the short story ends. When people kept saying the story was too short, they seemed to be talking about more than just the fact that it was 5000 words. They also meant they wanted to read more about Ammi and Ganth and how their life was going to work out. I'm working on the end scenes of the story now, and I think people will like it.

The goal is to have it up at Amazon by the middle of next month. I hope I make it because it sure seems like it would be nice to have a new book in January.

In the meantime I hope everyone has a happy holiday and will enter the new year as stress-free as possible.

Hugs,
Janet Miller/Cricket Starr
http://www.cricketstarr

2 comments:

Ana Morgan said...

Congratulations, Janet, on NaNoWriMo andon your Amazon short story. I hope you continue to generate lots of interest and word counts.

Josie said...

Fabulous, Janet. That's a huge accomplishment. I'm responding late, so Happy Holidays!