Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall in New England

Well fall has officially arrived, weather-wise, in New England.  I woke up this morning to the inside temperature at my house being 58 degrees.  I love warm weather and this is definitely not it.  As I sit here wrapped in blankets and layered up, I long to be somewhere warm. I have lived in New England my whole life and I must say I have never enjoyed the winters, but as I get older, even this crisp cool morning has me wanting to run for a warmer climate.

Don't get me wrong, I love apple picking season, and the cool days that really only require a sweatshirt.  But as the cold seeps into my bones, I question why I still live in this region.  Yes, I know the answer to that.  I still have kids in high school that would kill me if I tried to move them to a different area away from their friends.  So instead, the count down begins to when I will be able to move to warmer weather.  Two and half years.....and counting.

In the meantime, the cold weather has me putting on the fireplace and curling up with my netbook.  This weather is a great time to get writing done.  Or if the case maybe, editing and/or self-promotion.  As I make notes of the story lines growing inside of me, I definitely have plenty to write for the winter.

So curl up to the fireplace with a nice hot cup of coffee and enjoy your favorite pastime, reading or writing if the case maybe and pass the winter warmly.

3 comments:

Rolynn Anderson said...

Emma, I'm with you. I left the gloom of Seattle for the warm, sunny Central Coast of CA. Have never looked back!

Josie said...

Emma,
Fall in New England is one of the prettiest times of the year. We are transplanted northerners living in SC, but after almost 20 years, we find we are missing the colder weather again.

Mona Risk said...

I love the Fall in New England. When I lived in Boston years ago, we used to travel to Montreal around Columbus Day. The trip was pure pleasure with the foliage to watch. Now I watch the ocean and enjoy the warm weather.